Orlando New Construction Masonry
My Handy Craftsman Inc. always prepares every job to ensure that the project will be carried out as efficiently as possible. Masonry projects can produce a fair amount of dust and dirt but we take all the steps towards a clean and safe environment.
With thousands of projects under our belts we can recreate any piece of masonry you have seen or build something you have dreamt of having. Our craftsmen will work with you to chisel out the details and bring your dreams into reality.
Interior or exterior, conventional brick or rubble masonry, My Handy Craftsman Inc. can create the perfect fireplace to warm you and your space.
Brick, Block & Stone Installation
There are distinct appeals to different types of masonry. Brick and block laying gives the look of traditional symmetric masonry while stone installation provide the allure of natural rock formations, both of which add depth and texture to the surrounding.
The most widely used form of masonry; mortar-set brick, blocks or stones masonry can be trickier than you might think as many mortars are created for specific types of stone or brick. My Handy Craftsman Inc.’s seasoned staff knows the best product to use to create a balance between durability and aesthetic.
When starting on a masonry project it is important to figure out the best methods to use to get the job done. Here are a few of the practices My Handy Craftsman Inc. employs in the creation of our products:
- Rebar, ribbed metal bars, are often used to reinforce masonry. The rebar is place inside brick or cement to increase it’s structural integrity.
- Imbeds: Rebar, ribbed metal bars, is often used to reinforce masonry. The rebar is placed inside brick or cement to increase its structural integrity.
- Lintels: Lintels are the load-bearing stones in entranceways or archways, which allow the structure to stand securely. My Handy Craftsman Inc. can create the ideal entranceway to enhance your home or make a free-standing archway to divide your property into distinct sections.
- Expansion Joints: Masonry is an extremely durable form of construction but modern science must be applied to compensate for its few shortcomings. Expansion Joints are specially designed to give a bit of flexibility to masonry projects so that they do not crack due to being too rigid.
- Precast Architectural Elements: As there are many patterns of concrete blocks and stonework that are widely used; to save time certain companies have created precast architectural elements. These ready-made elements allow for faster construction, as it is not necessary to wait for the elements to harden. My Handy Craftsman Inc. will show you all the possibilities in precast elements so you can find the pattern, which meets your needs.
For more information, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to meeting you.